The Kolhapur District Central Cooperative Bank Ltd., Kolhapur was set up on 1st October 1938 to meet the credit needs of some part of the Kolhapur district where remaining part was being financed by the apex bank.
Bank's Respected Chairman Mr. Hasan Mushrif has been nominated as State's Cabinet Minister for Village Development department.
Amongst the directors, Mr. Rajendra Patil-Yadrawakar has been nominated as State's Minister of State for Food-Medicine and Textile Industry.
And banks ex director, Mr. Satej comonly known as Bunty Patil has been nominated as State's Minister of State of Urban Housing Constitutional Work.
Also, our director Mr. Raju Baba Awale and Mr Rajesh Patil has been elected as Member of Legislative council.
Our banks director body still works for the wellness of bank and such efforts can be seen in banks progress.
The objectives of the bank, among others, are to finance cooperative societies, to carry on banking business, to arrange for supervision of affiliated cooperative societies to act as a balancing center for the surplus funds of the societies.
The Bank functions at district level as federal body of the credit cooperative societies. There are 10678 society members of the Bank out of which 1850 are PACS & 710 are individual members as on 31/3/2012..
Co-operative movement in India has spread in all the spheres of economy. It has made significant development in sugar and dairy industries in Maharashtra, which is a leading state in the country in cooperative development. Obviously cooperative credit has lion’s share in these developments. The Kolhapur District Central Cooperative Bank Ltd., Kolhapur was set up on 1st October 1938 to meet the credit needs of some part of the Kolhapur district where remaining part was being financed by the apex bank. In the year 1952 the bank has been allocated the service area of the apex bank since then the Bank acts as a Central Cooperative Bank for the entire district in the three-tier Cooperative credit structure of ST. The Bank was granted a License in November 1980 by the RBI under section 22 of BR Act 1949 (AACS).